Friday, March 13, 2015

God continues to blow us away.....

Can I just tell you that I love to see God work?  I think most often we are in such a hurry that we don't even take the time to notice.  He's working IN us and right in FRONT of us and yet we are too busy....

Today I had to take all five little ones to the dentist. Our three big ones did great (except for the four cavities) but the little girls went B-A-N-A-N-A-S!  HA! But praise the Lord, their teeth are clean and the dentist was surprised at how good MinLan's looked and even bragged on Neely's "bite". YAY!!

While there, we chatted with the staff about adoption and John Preston.  You don't have to twist my arm to get me to tell our family's story.

One of the ladies in the front, asked how we had decided to adopt children with Down syndrome. I shared about our desire to adopt even before we were blessed with Neely....shared about how the Lord led us to MinLan and then shared about how our kids were CONVINCED that John Preston was going to be their brother...even before WE knew.

In the midst of sharing our story, one sweet lady says "Hold on...let me go get my checkbook!"

Then another sweet lady, grabbed her checkbook.

Then our sweet friend who works there, handed me a check.

All three wanted to be part of The Story of 1000....

God just blows me away...when we started we had no idea how we were going to make it work financially. We knew immediately that if this was the Lord's will then He was going to have to show out in a MIGHTY way.

And do you know what? HE IS!!!!

Our friends...and complete strangers...have come alongside us in our Story of 1000....you guys have bought soap and Sonic cards....you've donated chances to win a quilt, bought Tupperware.....you've sold your own belongings to help give toward our adoption...I can't even name all of the ways. You have blown us away.

And we are grateful.

And one day our son will know your name....and he will know that you helped him come home to his forever family.  He will know that he is loved by so many and most importantly he will know that he is loved by his Heavenly Father.

Thank you. We are forever grateful.

Love,
Jenifer


P.S. Take a look at these sweet videos of our little John Preston. Couldn't you just smooch those cheeks!??!?






No comments:

Post a Comment